Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hawaii, day 5

This was my day! Corey got up early and went golfing (1st time this trip), and I slept in and spent the morning by the pool. Corey got back around noon, and we went to the beach and snorkeled swam for a couple more hours. Corey was trying to collect a seashell for Addie while snorkeling, and a sea turtle swam right up in front of him... scared him to death! He was so excited, and I was jealous because you just don't get that kind of sighting very often. Later, we went walking, and just down the beach from our hotel is some kind of turtle beach where the turtles love to sun themselves. Common enough for this sign to be put up.




And, lo and behold, there he was! I got so close to him, but didn't want to startle him so we kept walking. Isn't he cool?!



Then, on our way back, he was still there and we spotted two more a little ways off. This was too cool, I just couldn't get over the fact that we were hanging out with sea turtles!

0 comments: