Saturday, March 7, 2009

Finally, in Paradise

Just a quick little post to let you know that we're enjoying life on the Big Island.


Got in last night at around 10pm (that's 2am in Wisconsin), long freaking day of travel that started at 9:30am. Or the day before, since we actually drove into Minneapolis the day before to pass the kids on to Corey's mom. Needless to say, all we did was pay too much for dinner then hit the sack.
This morning we walked around, drove into town for groceries (breakfast items, water, snacks) then sat on the beach for a few hours. It is WINDY here!!! And it's never windy on this island (we were told several times). Just our luck, but still great to be here.
After we snorkled a bit and soaked in the hot (but not too hot!) tub for awhile, we got cleaned up again and went exploring. Here are some of our fun pics.

Pololu beach lookout (it was raining by this time, so the path was too slippery for me to want to risk). Beautiful black sand beach, but around 42 hazard signs posted about the danger of swimming.

One of my most favorite things about visiting foreign places is seeing all the different plant life. Don't these trees remind you of Lord of the Rings, where the trees uproot themselves and go walking around?
Just one of those sights that are everywhere if you keep your eyes peeled. Isn't Hawaii great?!

And this was only day one. Hopefully all our days here will be as wonderful and fulfilling as this one was. Plus, I have my husband all to myself, no distractions... yet! (he hasn't ditched me to go golfing yet, but by the time he does I'll probably be kind of sick of him and ready for a little alone time)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Strangers,
I am so jealous that you are in Hawaii. I hope you are feeling good. How long are you in Hawaii? I hope Corey lets you go shopping or something while he is golfing!
When you get home will you email me the infamous banana bread recipe? Thanks much and I'm missing ya tons!!!

H. said...

Yay! I'm glad you are having fun, and um, we sure hope you don't deliver in that state-of-the-art medical facility!