Thursday, October 15, 2009

Too busy for naps!

I have just clued in to why Hudson can get soooooo needy and whiny 'all of a sudden.' He's tired! Why don't I try putting him down for a nap more often? Because I feel like a slave to my schedule. I guess I figure that if I put him down for a nap an hour before I have to wake him up, he'll learn poor sleeping habits. But if I extend his time between naps just to try to get him to nap longer when I can, maybe he'll learn to deal without naps... and that would be tragic! I value nap time more than any other time of the day (even more than bed time, probably because I'm so pooped by this time that there's no productivity even though the kids are sleeping). Even with this realization, I've still been putting him off his needs.


See...
One of the many times that I've just ignored Hudson's fussing while trying to accomplish something (I think I was making dinner this time). He's sitting up pretty much by himself now, but I still leave the Boppy around him for those times that he turfs it. I realized he was being quiet, so I came in to check and found this scene. See all the presents on and around him? The kids can't quite tune out his neediness like I can (should I brag about or apologize for this?)

1 comments:

Lofgrens said...

How cute!! At least you'll have some really good helpers when they get a little older - perhaps with number four!?!?!?!??!!???