Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fun times, trials, and accomplishments!

My baby is getting so fun, I love the few chances I get alone to play with him. This Sunday Hudson was so very giggly, thankfully I thought to whip out the camera to catch it.

Our version of peek-a-boo



And then, the not so fun part of my week. A week ago Monday, I was running to Max to prevent him from throwing a tantrum next to Hudson's room while said baby was napping. In my haste (temper) I stormed after him, and crushed my toe into the door jamb. Thankfully, I was talking on the phone at the time so my vocabulary was kept in check.




The results -- my first broken bone. Poor little pinky toe, all bashed up. And it hurts!! I have a friend that has had MULTIPLE broken toes (like every single one, I think), and I don't know how she handled it. Maybe this is harder because I'm a run-around mom and can't take a break to feel better. Probably not, Amber is the toughest lady I know. I was advised by our friend, the podiatrist, that I should keep my foot up and iced 3 times a day, take ibuprofen to keep swelling down, and take it easy. Yeah, right! I haven't iced it since Wednesday, I keep forgetting to take meds, and I have to run Addie (and therefore Max and Hudson, too) to and from school each afternoon. By the end of the day, my whole body is screaming because I'm keeping my weight off one side, walking crooked on my injured foot, and my kids can't help but trip over/step on/bump into my foot 74 times a day!




Here's a picture after 7 days, I even painted my toenails so I wouldn't feel so pathetic...





Enough complaining about my woes, onto Hudson's woes! Poor kid is constipated. Sorry to anyone too sensitive to read about poop, but that's just part of the life of a mama. I've even been feeding him prunes (which he loves, so that's okay) and pumping him full of prune juice, to no avail. If there are any other ideas to clean him out, please let me know. His doctor wants to control this with diet, so I guess we wait.

Here he is, loving his prunes! Note how dirty my own hand is, he seems desperate for those spoonfuls of cereal. I must not be fast enough for his taste.


Lastly, we enjoyed another group doctor's appointment. Why didn't I learn the last time? Oh, well, we all survived.


Addie got a flu shot. No tears, just a grouchy "ouch!" barked at the nurse (yes, one nurse to administer six shots to three different children... smart). Max got a flu shot and two other shots AND had blood taken for a lead test. He just watched the lab tech draw the blood, no flinching or anything, but he did cry a little with the shots. Mainly because it was one after another instead of all at the same time. And Hudson had an oral vaccine and two shots. And he cried the worst! Good thing I'm immune to crying by this point (or at least desensitized).


Stats: Hudson weighed in at 18 lbs 12 oz which puts him in the 75th percentile. He is 28 1/2 in so that's the 95th percentile, and his head is in the 80th.


Max is a tank. He weighs 33 lbs 4 oz, which is the 90th percentile, 36 1/2 in tall also the 90th percentile, and his head is 75th percentile. While this is just SOOOO big, his doc assured me that there's nothing to worry about, as his growth is steady and he is proportional... big all around! Compare him to his sister that is twice his age, she weighs 35 lbs and is 39 in tall... soon to be surpassed by little bro!


Speaking of being desensitized, I saw this commercial and started laughing hysterically!! Aside from the sitting on her bed doing nothing, this is totally a scene out of my own life. Can any of you relate?


4 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

I've HEARD rootbeer cleans one out?!?!?!

Jen I said...

That video of Hudson is so cute. I can't believe WE surpassed Max though! Isn't he about 5 months older than the twins? Ashton was already 33lbs a couple months ago!

Marci said...

Ha ha, that's awesome Jen! At least Max is more petite (never used that adjective on him before) than someone in this wide, wide world.

Lofgrens said...

Wow! Hudson is so cute! Poor guy - sorry about the constipation, no suggestions from me (fortunately for me, I've not had to deal with that one yet.) You know, I too am a broken toe expert, if it is really painful still, they might be willing to give you a surgical shoe (it has a rounded bottom) to take the pressure off your toe when you walk. Had that one when I broke all toes, except the big one, on my right foot at the same time!!! Yeah, that was painful!!