Thursday, October 22, 2009

Small snippets of family time

Corey is so very busy the past little while, it's been a little frustrating for me and the kids. Tack on that the weather is changing so we're inside a whole lot more, then my foot making me less likely to want to do anything extra. All this and more, and the kids are going a little stir-crazy.


After we picked Addie up from school today, Max started crying when we turned down our street, as if to say, "What?! We're going back to that dump? Let's do something funnnnn!!" So I decided to do something fun. Corey picked up a couple pumpkins Monday night while stocking up on prunes for Hudson (note previous post) and we've been putting off carving so we could do it with Daddy. Mostly because I can't police two kids trying to carve pumpkins while Hudson is yelling for attention. Thankfully, the stars aligned this afternoon. Hudson took a beautiful nap right when I had an hour of nothing to do (if you don't count cooking, but I figured we had enough leftovers we were covered). Corey got home right near the end, about the time when my indulgent attitude was being smothered by my we-are-doing-this-my-way attitude.





Here are the results! We waited till it was very dark out, then lit the pumpkins. They looked sooo cool! I took the picture, then realised my flash is way too good. It was raining out, so very few pics worked before we dashed back in. I turned off the flash for the last one, pretty cool!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your pumpkins are so cute! way cuter than my pumpkin turned out!!! Oh and i love the pic of max being blinded by the flash!!- Jess a.k.a. your favorite niece!

Amber said...

Marci!!!!! I don't know why I am so behind on your blog. I finally caught up and I love it! You have been very busy. Your kids are growing so fast and they are so adorable! One day I am hoping our kids will be playmates. Love you!