Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pretty little ballerina

Our pretty little girl loves to dance. She's just completed her second semester of twinkle toes ballet class, and had her spring recital this past weekend. I was a little worried, because it was being held at Whitnall High School in their auditorium. And she's three, so that equates to an unpredictable girl that may or may not cooperate. Bonus is that she gets a pretty costume, so she's more inclined to think this is cool. Most of my pics are from the dress rehearsal, the night before, as she was held backstage for the recital (another point of my anxiety, she was out of my hands for at least an hour... along with another 50 or so kids).


Here she is showing off her costume.




Something was wrong with my camera, because it took streaky pictures most of the night. Here's most of her class sitting and waiting to see what we needed to do.

Here's the actual recital, but I was zooming so far that the picture is fuzzy. But she did awesome! I never saw any bit of nerves, and she was so excited to be dancing that she was grinning from ear to ear most of the time.


Here she is with her daddy, carrying flowers that we brought to celebrate her first real dance recital (we were strongly encouraged to do so, and they even had a table outside selling flowers to the 'thoughtless' parents that didn't think to bring their own)


Addie wasn't satisfied watching the other dancers, she wanted to be moving whenever there was music. The funny thing about this song is that it's for a bunch of old ladies learning to tap dance (a little painful to watch, but they all seemed pretty proud of themselves).


Here's her dance at the dress rehearsal. She's the second from the right, but my camera zoom doesn't focus well when taking video clips. This is a little long, but I'm one proud mama so you'll just have to bear with me. I never thought I'd be one of those mothers that just has to point out to anyone that will listen how darn cute and perfect my little ballerina really is. But she is, so I guess I'll just have to be that mom and annoy my friends with my bragging. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Darcy said...

Very cute! I watcheed the videos!!

The Bostons said...

She was right on!!! Very cute!

lindsy said...

she did a better job staying on than some of the bigger girls. so cute. I may have to try tutus on my boys until our little girl comes