Monday, January 12, 2009

Nothing to blog about

Maybe I'm suffering a little of the winter blues, but I can't seem to come up with anything to blog about. But I thought I should post a little bit, if only to let you know I'm still around.

I know I haven't said anything about Christmas, but that's only because it was NOT a great week. We went to Minnesota, but were unsure of our plans because of weather up until the afternoon we left. Addie came down with a fever that night, and didn't get over it till Saturday after Christmas. She came down with a cold, cough, runny nose, and a terrible 3 year old's attitude. She earned her first two spankings because of how she was acting . I know being sick makes you not want to be friendly around people, but it's hard to see your daughter act like she wasn't raised right when she only gets to see family a couple times a year. Max was about 2 days behind her with his cold, then I followed him the next day. Corey didn't come down with anything till New Year's Eve. Unfortunately, he is still suffering. He started with a head cold, then a sinus infection, then an ear infection. He's been draining bloody infection out of his ear for a week!
Maybe this is why I have the winter blues, since the winter can be blamed for most of the blues I've been subjected to lately. Sorry this is so lame, I just had to break back into blogging to see if I can look at life a little differently.

I can't even add some Christmas pictures, because I didn't get any good ones. Here's one of Max, enjoying a little private space in the kennel at Corey's grandparent's house. Note the bejewled phone he's playing on, and the runny nose and eyes. This was his life for a good two weeks, poor kid.

2 comments:

Jen I said...

Ugh. We've been sick forever too. I'm right there with you, but it's more like the sick of sickness blues. That Max is sure getting big!

lindsy said...

oh man. what a rough holiday.
I'm trying to think of what we did to brighten up a way too long winter ... drink hot chocolate every day and send the kids outside with colored water squirters. Hmmm. Hang in there