Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Base humor at it's finest

Okay, those with sensitivites to basic bodily functions... please turn away. Switch to another blog about cooking or gardening, but read no further.

Now that I've got you all sufficently hooked (who's going to stop reading after an opener like that) I shall continue.

I was at the hall closet, putting things away and organizing, and I took advantage of my relative solitude to release some pent up pregnancy bubbles. The second I finished, Addie came tearing into the hall behind me and grabbed me around the legs for a big, "I love you Mom!" hug. Behind me, you see. She started to run away, then slowed to a stop and screwed up her face and said, "Smells like you need to go poop, Mom!" By this time, I was laughing so hard I nearly succombed to another pregnancy curse! My poor daughter. She will end up no more a lady than her dear old mom did, even though I do frown upon Corey's pull-my-finger trick he's teaching her.

Here she is with her new love, the internet. She is now up to three websites that she alternates between. Playhouse Disney, StarFall, and Scholastic Reading.


She also had Parent/Teacher Conferences today, and she is perfect! Of course, that was my interpretation of the conversations. All three of her teachers say that she is great -- sweet, respectful, smart... all the things that any good mother loves to hear. I even asked about her attitude, because it's been a rough couple months here at the Grip household. They all seemed shocked that little Addie could cause me a moment's trouble because they've never seen such a thing. Alas, I guess I'd rather her act properly outside the house, even if I have to deal with her sass at home.

1 comments:

Lofgrens said...

I'm laughing tears! This is such a typical kid story! My dad taught me to pull his finger too! I was dying when I read that. And while Trent isn't teaching that to our kids, I'm sure it won't be long before my dad introduces it to them. On another note, I have been debating on letting Trey get involved with the internet. thank you for posting what websites you let addie use. I'm going to check them out!!