Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shopping!

Saturday is a special day, it's a day we catch up on being a family. (anyone singing the old primary song by now?) Since Corey's so busy on Sundays, it's really our only day that we get to hang... and by that, I mean that I feel justified in throwing the kids in his direction anytime they need something. BUT.... Corey went to a Wisconsin Badger football game today. And I was not pleased. I shouldn't be so bossy, but it's really our only day!!! However, when we moved here Corey listed all the things he needed to do while living in Wisconsin. This list included going the a Packer game (check), golfing at Whistling Straits (working on it), and watching a Badger game. So I shouldn't complain, but I did... a lot. I decided the only way not to be a super raggy wife when he came home from the game was to fill my day, so I wasn't sitting at home with the kids all day long. So I went shopping!!!


I had a 30% off coupon for Gap/Old Navy that was to expire today, and since I didn't have a real time table to keep, I decided to take a drive. For those not from Milwaukee, it's about a 30 min drive to the outlets, and I don't like to make the time. But today I had nothing but time. And I cleaned them out! Corey was a little afraid to ask how much I spent, especially since he knew how I felt about how he spent his day (yeah, he got home at 7:45 pm), but I didn't go too crazy.

The reason for this post, is to tell you of my new discovery while shopping!! Motherhood maternity has a new style of waistbands they are putting on skirts and jeans that I LOVE!!!

Now, I know that I'm an old lady that likes to wear bands over my belly instead of under, but that's the beauty of this product! You can roll the band down below the waist, wear it midwaist or go Urkle like I always do and pull it up to your chin! And the fabric is soooo comfortable, kind of like a fitted tee shirt would feel (maybe like Shade shirts with more spandex).
So, if there's any of you out there expecting, or thinking that you have a little extra cash that you want to contribute to your maternity wardrobe (just in case you get that crazy urge to keep expanding your family) go and check it out. Plus, the prices were very reasonable... not the norm for Motherhood, I know, so take advantage.


9 comments:

lindsy said...

Marci, are you....?

H. said...

Go Urkel!

Ali said...

Um ya, I am wondering the same thing Lindsy is?? and I will have to check those out with the next one!!

Jen I said...

Hey, I heard from a source that the answer to all these questions is YES.

Nice subtle announcement! Guess you have to catch up to us, huh? We totally cheated. Congrats.

Marci said...

Yes, we are. I didn't know how to announce this... especially since I feel like I just got done being pregnant. Appearantly we got this thing down, because we were pregnant almost as soon as we decided to start trying. One more thing... Corey doesn't want to find out the sex, but of course I do. So the only way to honor Corey's wish is for me not to tell ANYONE!!! So don't ask, I hate to have to lie to my friends. This includes family, friends, neighbors... my lips are sealed!

Jen I said...

Wait, does that mean you know what you're having and Corey doesn't? That would be crazy!

Ali said...

When are you due?

Marci said...

Okay, I'm blogger dumb, and don't know how to respond to specific comments. So hopefully this will work. We are due April 25th, finally I won't have to suffer through a hot, humid summer heavy with child. And, yes, I will be finding out the sex and Corey will not (think I can pull this off?)

Ali said...

Congratulations!!