Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween (a little belated is better than never)

Halloween was a week long affair this year, and am I glad it's over! Between trick-or-treating on Sunday (because Wisconsin doesn't believe in doing it on Halloween night, go figure)... Tuesday night at the church trunk-or-treating... Thursday at dance class... and Friday at preschool, I was DONE!!!

Corey put it in Addie's head (about 7 months ago) that we should go as the Mystery Gang. The only one we were missing was Scooby (a key character, I know). I've talked to a lot of moms that say their kids kept changing their minds, but Addie never wavered. The only change made was she originally wanted to be Velma, and that would leave me as Daphne. I didn't think I'd pull off the velvet dress as well as Addie, so we talked her into the orange wig.

Sunday afternoon, we bundled up and headed out to get some loot... and it was cold! There were high wind gusts all day, and as soon as we went out the temperature seemed to drop. We got around to about 5 houses, and it started spitting rain, then snow! Corey's dad took Max back to the house, but the three of us pressed on.


This was so classic in our older neighborhood (old poops that don't want to deal with whiney kids asking for more candy). Corey made me pretend like I was taking a picture of he and Addie while really zooming in on the sign on the door, thus the orange fuzz in the corner.


Here's a pic of Addie kissing our trophy we won as a family at the ward Halloween party. Pretty fun night, even though the haunted house fog machine set off the fire alarm that brought the fire department. Ah, memories...


Unfortunately, I'm ditzy and didn't even think about bringing the camera to dance class so there's no picture of Addie in her ballerina costume (thanks Becky!) I'll try to be a better mom in the future.
This is Addie's preschool class party. There were some fancy costumes, must be a ritzy class.

It takes a special person to be a preschool teacher. I can't imagine having to corall 25 three year olds.

Two notes: I was bugged that they put Addie in the back, but didn't want to be a pushy mom complaining that you couldn't see my kid. Luckily, the lady next to me spoke up and said "Daphne needs to be in the front, all you can see is the top of her orange wig." Notice in the picture above she's in the front row.

Also, don't feel too bad for the girl next to Addie that's not dressed up. I was thinking maybe her parents didn't believe in Halloween, and the poor girl was subjected to being the only kid without a costume. But Addie said her mom brought her a costume to change into (must have been a rough morning in their house).

3 comments:

Ali said...

How cute and clever, love your family costumes!
The no candy sign is a hoot. I have never crossed one of those before but you sure can't miss it and you get the point. Party poopers!

Jen I said...

Yeah, you guys totally rocked the family theme! Love it. We did a family theme too, but that involved Ryan and I, oh, wearing hats.

H. said...

Trick or treating on Sunday afternoon? Dang that was freezing that day! You guys must be hardcore. We just waited til Halloween and drove to Brookfield. It was a gorgeous, sunny 65 degrees at 5pm. Sweet! Of course, you all got your candy 5 days earlier.