Friday, September 12, 2008

Dares and delicacies

So Corey is constantly saying to me, "How much would you pay me if I .....(do something stupid and unnecessary)" This can include anything from running to the mailbox without shoes in a snowstorm, to affecting a ridiculous accent when the waitress comes to take our order. Usually these things would be a little torturous for me, so I don't play his game. So, when we were in Minnesota a couple weeks ago, Corey finally struck gold. His family lives in the country, so there are lots of fields around, and TONS of grasshoppers everywhere. Big grasshoppers! We were driving to his sister's house and we noticed a grasshopper was stuck in the windshield wiper. Not in the blade, but actually inside the wiper. It was alive and struggling to escape, so we became caught up in it's plight. Of course, this lead to Corey asking how much I'd pay if he ate one. Realizing that my money is his money, we decided to present this deal to his sister and brother-in-law. Here are the results...



We watch a lot of "Man vs. Wild" so this emboldened (and intrigued) Corey. Bear Grylls will eat ANYTHING!!!

6 comments:

Lofgrens said...

THAT IS DISGUSTING!!!! I can't believe he did that - I never could have done that... even for a million dollars. Trent watches that show (Man vs. Wild) all the time too, and it makes me sick! Glad you got 20 bucks but - YUCK!!!!!!

Darcy said...

no way in a million years or a million dollars. Was it cooked or not?

corey said...

Cooked!?!?! C'mon Darcy, of course it wasn't cooked! I picked it up straight out of my sister's yard! It actually didn't taste too bad. The texture did get to me a bit, thus the ferocious chewing. Didn't John the Baptist live on Locusts and Honey for a time? My co-workers still can't believe I don't drink.

Clarks said...

You are nuts!! I am all about the money, but that is a little overboard. I can truly say that I am not surprised that you would take something like that on. That could be nine holes of golf, so well worth it. We miss you guys!!

H. said...

Dude! That's disgusting! Did you hork (T's word) afterwards? Yes, we gathered around the computer as a couple to enjoy that bonding experience. UGH!

lindsy said...

EW! EW! EW!