Monday, July 13, 2009

Trying to stay faithful

Corey and I have long debated the merits of facebook vs. blogging. I believe that blogging is a great way to keep family up to date when we can't see each other often. Corey thinks that facebook is much more economical when it comes to time and effort, plus you can reconnect with so many more people. I've shrugged off his multiple suggestions to join, largely because he keeps flaunting his number of 'friends' and challenging me to come close (pooper). But, because several of my friends only blog sporadically (thanks a lot girls, you know who you are :), I've started considering it.

Last week, I finally gave in. I had several email requests to become friends, so I decided to sign up. Now I'm addicted!! I check my account all day long, to see who's talking to who, who updated photos, and getting caught up in live chats with friends from 15 years ago! I love it, and I hate admitting that publicly. Mainly because Corey loves to gloat when he's proven right.

Every few days, I remember my beloved bloggers and I feel so guilty. How could I have let this happen? I do love blogging, but there's so much more effort involved. And with three young kids, it's hard to dedicate my brain to one thing for more than a few minutes at a time. I have noticed, though, that I don't get the same sort of therapy as blogging since it's mainly just one-liners and silly comments. So I need to stay faithful to blogging, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the instant gratification of Facebook too!

Just to be true to blogging, here's a few pics and videos to enjoy.

Protection for those big noggins we produce.


Can you believe that this is all it takes to entertain my kids? If I didn't have a house to take care of, we'd be out here all day, every day.



And just a sweet pic of Hudson and Daddy.

4 comments:

Jen I said...

Yeah, don't worry, you'll get over Facebook soon like everybody else does and then your faithful blog will be awaiting you. Pretty soon you'll tire of seeing status updates of people you had to look up in your yearbook to remember and realize it's a huge time-sucker without the journalistic benefits (and re-printability) of a blog! But it's good you caught up with the times. :)

The Bostons said...

I like the shot of your little guy with the BUMBO on his head... It's funny because Dan did the same thing with our Bumbo. (he didn't eat the wall-but it is a great helmet!)

Unknown said...

I have no idea what you are talking about with those long lost bloggers! Who could be so inconsiderate?

Lofgrens said...

I just can't get into the facebook either. It just seems too silly for me - and I hardly get a chance to sit at the computer anyways, so when I do I like to make it count. I don't care who's watching what on TV or thinking something right then. Give me the blogs so I can see about people's LIVES! Though, it is fun to get into contact with people from a long time ago on facebook. I've reconnected with several people there - though I don't do a thing with my account - just have one.
By the way, Trey used to eat mud too. Max reminds me of Trey so much at that age. Puddles and mud were the first things he went for, he loved them!