Monday, August 4, 2008

Amber had her babies!

I'm a week late with this post, but I've been wanting to make sure things are stable. Many of you that I talk with know that my friend, Amber, was pregnant with quadruplets. I have been so excited/nervous for her that I constantly have her on the brain...which leads to it rolling off my tongue. Last Tuesday, after becoming concerned with certain aspects of the pregnancy and having Amber on constant meds and monitors, her doctor ordered delivery. She was able to make it to 28 weeks 3 days. Barely halfway through, is my first thought, but she delivered nearly 10 lbs of babies. And all are pretty healthy, all things concidered. She was even in the newspaper! Check out her blog for pics and stats. http://4demarias.blogspot.com/



Amber is a special friend of mine, one of the few close friendships that have survived my added miles and lack of nurture. She is a kindred soul, having gone through many of the same trials that I went through. We even found out we dated the same strange guy (both of us met his mom within the first couple dates). I went out with him first, then he started stalking our singles ward. My bishop kicked him out because of boundries, and he ended up in Amber's single ward -- even though he was 32, and took her out a couple times. Amber and I met at least a year later, and didn't find out about our 'similar tastes' for another year or so. I'm rambling, I know. But it's my blog, and I guess I can just hope I haven't lost any faithful readers because if it.



Some of you may have even met Amber. She came to Milwaukee when I was pregnant with Addie and threw me a baby shower. At the time, she was dating this guy from Chicago that she taught in the same school with in Las Vegas. I was blissful in my life, husband, home, baby on the way...I wanted all those things for her. Little did I know! She ended up having him take the missionary discussions, and he was baptized a month before their wedding. Then they were sealed after a year (on their first anniversary, I think?), moved to California, bought a home in the mountains, and now have 4 kids (tiny babies are still kids, right?). All this was completed in just over 3 years! When Amber decides to get things done, she gets things done!!!



Enough reminiscing. I just wanted to goo a little bit about her big life change. Good luck Amber and Mike! And keep up the growing Anthony, Michael, Jaileigh, and Jakob!!!

1 comments:

Jen I said...

Wow. That's crazy. I even teared up. Probably glad that wasn't me? Anyway, that is so amazing and scary and crazy and holy cow... People say they can't imagine when they see me, and I can't imagine when I see hers!