Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Still no computer...

So I called Best Buy tonight, with hope nearly overriding doubt that maybe I'd have my laptop back soon. No luck! They're still waiting on parts, and that's terrible for me because Corey's going on a work trip tomorrow through Saturday, and he'll be taking his computer... Crap!

Hopefully, I'll be bombarding you with pictures and posts soon enough. But for now, you'll just have to deal with me rambling and complaining. Yes, complaining, because I feel like I have a lot to vent about.

Starting with sick kids. I swear, having two kids you are exposed to 10 times the colds and viruses than when it was only one child to worry about. And it gets more interesting, like coxsackie virus (trashy name hand, mouth, foot) that we're experiencing right now. Max is suffering the most, poor guy, and I guess we picked it up from the ONE time I took the kids to the gym daycare! So we have to stay away from other kids for 5 days, and that's made all the harder by Corey being gone for 3 of these days.

Then, of course, there's the flooded basement we were dealt on Saturday. Addie actually started with her fevers on Saturday, while we were trying to have company over for a BBQ. I was almost grateful for the crappy weather that forced us to cancel. Almost. We were hunkered down in the basement because of tornado warnings, and Corey noticed water pouring in from our north wall. Then we saw it coming from under the stairs where the sump pump is located, so we ran over to find the water was coming in too fast for the pump to keep up with. Corey and I started bailing out the water as fast as we could, and we weren't making a dent! At least we were keeping it from overflowing, but it was daunting. I was forced to realize that I'm no good in an emergency situation like that. Remember that Addie was sick, so she was pretty tramatized and wasn't afraid to show it. So that was setting Max off (or maybe his sickness was just setting in as I look back on it). The weather started to calm down, so Corey sent me over to Sears to buy a shopvac and a couple fans. Now, Sears is literally across the street from our backyard neighbors, but by the time I got there, the rain was coming down so hard that I was dripping wet soaked by the time I ran into the store. I was one of several customers there - which surprised me - until I realized that everyone there was buying shopvacs and other clean up tools. I guess it's comforting to know that we weren't alone in our boat (ha ha).

I guess I didn't have as much venting to do as I thought, it's just hard to see when you're in the middle of dealing with it all.

5 comments:

lindsy said...

Holy cow! What kind of weather are we missing?! Were there actually tornados touching down? Yikes! Sorry about the flooded basement -- and yes, sounds like you have the right to vent. Hope your kids get feeling better really quickly!!

The Bostons said...

I hope everything cleaned up! Hopefully you didn't find yourself underwater again last night... It would be nice if the weather would just give in and BE NICE!

Hope your kids feel better soon!

Amber said...

YIKES! I actually had time to watch the news this morning and saw the mess that the midwest is in. I would love to have you and Darcy out. I still remember Darcy and consider her a friend too. I don't know why she likes being pregnant though. She's crazy. (Hi Darcy)My new EDD is anytime after July 28. The longer I go the better. Keep thinking happy thoughts. All the bad will pass. Love you! Amber

Jen I said...

THAT STINKS. Looks like I got out of there just in time. I only had to wait out one tornado warning. Not like, 15.

Lofgrens said...

We have been thinking of you guys. Hoping your computer and your basement are all okay. Did you guys lose anything in the flood? We sure are missing you guys - just not the weather!