Thursday, June 26, 2008

Catching up, again!

I'm so terrible! We got our computer back on the 12th, and I've been so busy checking and enjoying other people's blogs that I haven't done any blogging myself. So here's a little update on what's been going on in our lives.
The weather has been wonderful, now that the tornado warnings have passed us by. Not too hot, and with the recent rain our world is now green! green! green! Unfortunately, our weeds seem to thrive as well or better than our plants. Here's a picture of the kids loving getting out of the house. Addie loves to 'mother' Max, so she is pushing him on the swing.
We recently took a trip to Madison, the first time we've visited the capitol of our great state. We've driven by it umpteen times on our way to the Dells or to Minnesota, but we had to make a special trip to finally explore it. Pathetic, because it's only about 80 miles away. But we had fun!
Here's a picture of one of only three Thai pavilions outside of Thailand. It's pretty cool, and crafted by Thai artisans that put this together without nails or screws or any metal fastners and is covered with gold leaf. Cool, huh?


We went to the free zoo, and had so much fun. Corey was working on Addie's skills while I was trying to keep Max from getting too much sun.

A little mommy/daughter bonding, still at the zoo.


Here's Addie at the petting zoo feeding the goats. Yes, we're too cheap to buy the goat food so Corey is forced to pick through the debris on the ground. Okay, maybe we're not that cheap, we just didn't have any singles on us :)

We have another trip that I'll have to blog about another time... I'm tired! Thanks to all you that check our blog, even though I'm terrible at keeping current! Don't lose faith in us, we will eventually come through.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so excited! An update for me to read. Addie and Max are so cute!

lindsy said...

I'm glad to hear the tornadoes are gone. It's so fun to see pictures of you guys!! We went to Madison once, but didn't know about the Thai place. Neat! We just went to the coast today ... beautiful weather!

Lofgrens said...

Glad you had a good time, though I'm sorry we didn't get to see you guys that day. At least we got to say goodbye. Glad you're computer is back up and running! Now we can keep closer tabs on you all!! (or should I say ya'll)