Tuesday, June 14, 2011

No Excuses

I have no excuses, I have quit blogging because it's too hard.  Too hard to take the time, too hard to put scrambled thoughts into interesting stories.  Mostly, it's too hard getting alone time at the computer that isn't at the end of an exhausting day where I can barely pull myself off the couch to accomplish the many things I didn't get to that day that need to get done.  And, let's face it, the more time I let go by the easier it is to decide it's not important.

I hardly know where to begin.  Life is great in Colorado.  We had a wonderfully mild winter, enough snow that the kids were able to enjoy it, but nowhere near the amount that would keep us homebound for weeks at a time.  Corey is enjoying his job, and Kathy (Corey's mom who is living with us) has finished school and found a job that she enjoys as well.  Addie just finished kindergarten, and she absolutely LOVED IT!!!  She's been done for two weeks, and is already crying to have the summer over so she can start 1st grade.  She is a proficient reader, something in her nature for certain because we did not do anything amazing to get her to where she is.  She also loves math, and is in the top of her class in testing.  For being one of the youngest in class, she has done amazingly well.  We are so proud!

Max took a preschool class this year, and did better than I expected.  He is a totally different kid than Addie.  Where Addie loves to please, Max loves to do the things he chooses and will totally shut off if he suspects you are trying to teach him something he doesn't really want to learn.  He is more physically capable than his sister, and kicks her butt on bike rides!   He is a terror on the dirt hills, and has NO fear.  One of the things he surprised me with is his total love of puzzles!  It's a great quiet time activity for him, because nothing else will hold his attention like a puzzle.  He is by far my most loving child, and is soft hearted and thoughtful.  I love this kiddo so much and wish I had more alone time devoted to him.  I sort of feel like he was ripped off having such a short time being the youngest.

And that brings me to Hudson.  Oh, Hudson!  What a kid!!  He has put me through more craziness than the other two times 10!  I should have know he'd be a handful by the way he started out, doing things his own way (stinking breech baby!).  But in all the chaos, he is such a little smartie!  Pretty sure he is going to be an engineer or something.  He is always trying to figure things out, understand things, or be in the middle of everything.  While this includes curiosity on how to remove his diaper and streak around the house, and draw all over my freshly painted livingroom just to express his artistic side, I am sure he will end up curing cancer or ending world hunger.  As long as he wants to do something, there is no stopping him!  And he loves loves LOVES his brother and sister!!  It's so fun to see them playing together, or sharing toys (which happens on occasion), or to hear Hudson ask over and over again where Addie or Max is if they aren't in sight.  He is a crazy ball full of energy, and is happiest in the great outdoors.  He could be out and about all day long, and he'd start yelling about not going home once he recognized that's where we were headed.  A little tiring, but fun none the less.  He's also my child that has enjoyed Children's Hospital three times in the past year for stitches (the last time didn't quite warrent stitches, but he scarred more than the first two times).  He keeps me on my toes, and is a MAJOR mama's boy (which I love sometimes and can't stand other times).  I love him and enjoy every new thing he learns (except how to unlock the front door and escape).

And last, but not least I'm sure, we are expecting baby number 4 right after Thanksgiving.  Strangely, I was just SURE that we needed this child, but I am more nervous for this one than any of the others.  I don't know if it's that I worry for the baby's health, or if I feel like our family may explode with one more responsibility, or if I just feel inadequate in my mothering skills and think I'll just be screwing up more little minds.  Whatever, it's happenning.  And Corey wants to be surprised again, so I may have nothing to announce till the baby is here (not that I know now, I have 3 more weeks before I find out myself).  The one thing that I can say with much joy in my heart is that I only have ONE baby in there, and the possibility of twins in this family has just gone to zero since this will be our last child.

Enough jabbering, enjoy the pics.

Aren't they sweet?

Addie's last dance class

Dance recital in March

Utah trip, first time to Temple Square

Reflection Pool

Friend's birthday party, enjoying a cupcake

Check out his cool ear trick!

Cotton candy heaven

Addie with Ms. Padilla, last day of school

School buddies

Hudson LOVES the scooter

Bike ride

Cousin Sophie came for a visit

Addie got a ball at the Twins game in Kansas City

It was 100* and soooo humid.  Max was a little miserable!

Even though he was sick, I got a sweet smile out of this kid

Visiting Liberty Jail

Adam-Ondi-Ahman

I'm not as pregnant as I look here, blame it on the BBQ?


Renaissance Festival, checking out the SkyChairs

Yes, we were riding elephants

5 comments:

The Rogers said...

It's about time :) actually I have no room to talk...I'm horrible at blogging. Now you can add me to your sidebar.

lindsy said...

You guys look great!!! And congrats on #4. I'm 32 weeks along with our 4th, a girl. Looks like you've been having tons of fun and keeping so business. Matt just finished kindergarten too (tomorrow is his last day) and has loved it. He's ready for summer break! Love your updates, whenever they come :)

Clarks said...

Congrats guys!! Hope everything is well with all of you.

Megan said...

Hooray for baby #4's...here is to hoping they are extra chill, right?
Congratulations :)

Jen I said...

Wow! Addie looks so grown up!

Yes, you're nervous because #4 is what put us over the brink of sanity. Ryan and I have both considered medication on more than one occasion. :)