Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blessing Smiles


This past Sunday was Hudson's blessing day, and what a day it was. The weather was great, the kids cooperated, and we arrived at church just as it was starting... which is a real task for us. With the ward splitting, we were bumped into the 11:00 schedule, but I still have to be showered by 7:30 to get there on time. Since Corey was called as bishop, I still don't have any help in the morning to get out of the house. This is 5 years of going to church by myself, but only 1 year of sitting by myself during sacrament meeting, and 7 long weeks of wrestling 3 kids by myself while trying to keep them from driving away the spirit for the rest of the ward.

But I digress...

Corey was a little nervous about blessing Hudson, since he's so high maintenance, but Hudson was wonderful! Unfortunately, Max was a bit of a handful so I wasn't able to hear everything. What I did hear was great, because a lot of it had to do with Hudson being good to me, his mother. Gotta love it!

Later, Corey and I were taking his blessing pictures, and he was SO smiley!!! Our camera died twice during the photo shoot, so we had to recharge the battery for a couple minutes, and he continued with the smiling. This is amazing, because he usually only smiles when he's lying on the hammock outside with Dad.

2 comments:

Jen I said...

What cute pictures! But - oh my goodness!? Corey is the bishop now? Wow, I'm sure he'll be great. But oh Marci...bless your soul. We hardly even go to sacrament meeting anymore because of these twins! (Naptime, makes the whole three hours a mess, otherwise they have a nap and we have two somewhat manageable hours. We'll be active again someday, I figure.) That's cool to hear about the wards splitting. We hang out with the Bishop and his wife here too, and I told him the other day he's totally aging us - we're the type of people that hang out with the BISHOP now???

Darcy said...

How cute!!! I can't wait to hold him and get him to smile at ME!!!! When are you back not forever right?? Call me when you can!