Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring is coming, my tulips tell me so!




Okay, so maybe it's wishful thinking, but I swear I can feel the change in the weather. Even though it was only 34 degrees today, it seemed less frigid. Maybe it's because we can finally see some grass (although there is still a TON of snow). And I did see tulips poking their little heads out of the frozen ground this morning. This picture is from last May, so don't think that we have anything but brown grass covered with dirty snow in our yard right now. You all should see our house the first couple months of spring. What a sight!!! Now, I can't say that our house is anything wonderful, but when I pull up to our driveway in the spring, I swell a little with pride. I just love flowers!!! And, anyone who saw our yard when we first moved in knows, we started with a blank canvas. I'll be a little sad to have to start over when we have to move. Maybe I'll just dig up all our bulbs and transplant so I don't have to go without.




Sorry about the gardening ramble, I just can't wait!!! Addie, too. She suffers from cabin fever more than the rest of us, I think. Mainly because I'm a homebody, Corey leaves the house for work, and Max doesn't know any different.
On the family side of news, Max is nearly 6 months and we've just started feeding him cereal. That's right, folks, he keeps up those cheeks on just milk alone (until recently). Everyone that sees him just can't get over his round little face and how big he is! He has an appointment in 2 weeks, so we'll see how big he truely is.
Also, a little news about Corey. After serving for over 3 years as the Elders Quorum President, he has finally been released!! But, lest you think he will get called back into Primary, they've called him to be the Second Counselor in the bishopric. Oh, joy! Just in time for Max to become more active at church, I get to juggle them both alone. Oh, well. Corey would be bored with anything less involving.
That's it for now, I would just invite all to think warm, green thoughts and help Spring hurry itself back into our lives!




3 comments:

lindsy said...

Yep, I think the kids are ready for spring. We went for a walk the other day and Matt said "mom look, a leaf! Look, a bird!" as though he hadn't seen one in ... say ... five months =)
I love Max's cheeks!

Jen I said...

Um, yeah. I think you spoke too soon. I just had to walk across the street in this freaking blizzard and nothing is telling me it's spring!

Lofgrens said...

Holy blizzard Batman! Where is Spring!?!? It can't come too soon!